Friday, November 21, 2008

American Heritage Festival

On Friday, November 14, I had the pleasure of accompanying both Katelyn and Rachel on their first field trip of the year. Both the 2nd and the 3rd graders had the opportunity to attend the American Heritage Festival out at Schnepf Farms in Queen Creek. Katelyn's teacher had asked me earlier in the week if I wanted to have both of my girls in the same group and I said yes. It was nice. I've always tried to go with my kids on all of their field trips. I think that there have only been two that I've missed over the past 4 years. I've always figured that if someone was going to lose my kids, I should be the one to do it. Luckily that has never happened.
It was a good day. The weather was warm but not too hot and the girls enjoyed themselves. Katelyn's class had gone to the festival last year but this was Rachel's first time. They enjoyed seeing the "mock" battle with the cannons and rifles. It was really pretty neat.
A funny, a few nights before the field trip Rachel noticed that Katelyn had a pair of her panties on (they are her favorite pair with "pet shop" puppies on them). She got mad at Katelyn and told her to take them off right away because she wanted to wear them to the field trip. It was really funny, I told her that I would have time to wash them before the field trip but she was pretty adamant that I wouldn't have time. It was really pretty funny. On a side note, I was able to get them washed and clean before the field trip so that Rachel could wear them.
This is a picture of "our group" with "Abraham Lincoln" (left to right) Katelyn, Jasmine, Dakota, Rachel, Bethel, Jennifer and Jacqueline.

This is a picture of Rachel with a "coyote" skin hat.


This is a picture of Katelyn with the same "coyote" skin hat.

Rachel holding a pretty heavy rifle. Can you imagine having to carry that for miles and miles?

Katelyn "trying" to hold the same heavy rifle.

Here is a picture of all three of us at the end of a "long" day. The girls are holding their prizes, Rachel got a harmonica and a sling shot, Katelyn got a sling shot and we got Bridget a fan and a sling shot.


No comments: