Monday, September 29, 2008

Bridget's 5th Birthday!!

My baby is 5 years old!! Bridget turned 5 on September 22nd. Can you believe it? It makes me so sad to say that. I can hardly believe that it has been 5 years since her birth. I would love to be able to put a picture of Bridget when she was a baby. But when our computer crashed, I'm still not sure how to access the pictures from the old computer. Maybe some day I'll be able to figure that out and post old pictures.

Bridget actually got to have "two" small parties. On her birthday, her Daddy bought her a cake, we sang "Happy Birthday" and we had pizza for dinner. After dinner, I took the girls to "Jungle Jim's/Jeepers" to have fun. All of the girls really enjoy going there. I'm not sure why they think that place is so much fun, but they do.

Here is a picture of Bridget blowing out the candles on her cake that her Daddy bought for her.

Sunday night (September 28th) we had a family birthday party with the Smith family (Auntie April's family) and Grandpa and Grandma Gaddie. We had "Hawaiian Haystacks" for dinner (one of our family favorites and always a good Sunday dinner). The Shope family (Aunt Becky's family) was unable to come because of their church schedule and the need for their kids to get into bed on time. We really missed them and hope to be able to see them soon. After dinner, we had cake and ice cream.

Here is a picture of Bridget's birthday cake made by a friend of mine. Isn't it adorable? My friend, Rana Mortensen, made the cake. She offered to let me borrow her cake pan and "teach" me to decorate the cake myself. I opted just to pay her to make it. Wasn't that a good deal on my part?

Here is a picture of Bridget blowing out the candles on her cake.

After cake and ice cream, Bridget opened her birthday presents. She had previously been given a super "Jasmine" sleeping bag from the Smith family, she got a card in the mail from the Strong family (Aunt Kicky's family), some fun outdoor sidewalk chalk toys, a brown pony in a purse and the new "Barbie Diamond Castle" movie. The Satuday before her birthday, Bridget got to go shopping and out to lunch with Grandma Rudd and Aunt Chelsey. She picked out some really cool new Dora and Barbie toys from Grandpa and Grandma Rudd, the Tisdale family (Aunt Whitney's family), and Aunt Chelsey. She had a real blast. Thanks so much for a really fun time and the great presents.

Here is a picture of Bridget with her birthday presents that she opened on Sunday night. Doesn't she look happy?

Bridget had a really awesome 5th birthday. Thanks to all of those who were able to celebrate it with us.

3 comments:

sasmithfam said...

FINALLY! It is about time. You cheated though, it was written 1 1/2 months late but backdated.:)But they always say it is better late than never. :) Thanks for the update and finally the pictures. Keep up the good work.

sasmithfam said...

And I must add that the cake was quite adorable and very yummy.

Ydalgorf said...

I am glad she liked her cake! Let me know if you ever need another one! LOL I made a Dora a few days later for a niece, out of a Micky Mouse pan! Hee hee! Remind me to show you the pictures!